Victoria Thorpe protests the death penalty
We’ve done pretty well for a publication that officially launched only a few months ago, in April. Before we review our top stories of the year, here are some numbers worth sharing:
- 45. That’s how many people are contributing to the Spokane Faith & Values website. We have five bloggers, 43 contributors, one photographer and one full-time journalist.
133,466. That’s how many pageviews we’ve had. Of those, more than 98,000 were unique visitors to the site.
- 1,097. That’s how many articles we’ve published. Some of you may remember that we before launched this full site, we had a blog up. This number doesn’t include the dozens of short articles we had on the blog!
234. That’s how many blog entries we’ve published. Our five bloggers write weekly posts for us.
- 2. That’s how many local media partners we have. Thanks for Revolutionary Spirituality and The Spovangelist for teaming up with us.
Now, here are our top stories from 2012.
Top News Stories:
1. Obama endorses gay marriage push in Washington, Maine
2. Spokane missionaries die in Zambia crash
3. Group fights to abolish death penalty
4. Spokane area clergy show support for Referendum 74
5. Petition says Gonzaga has gone astray by inviting Desmond Tutu
6. Tutu to graduates: All deserve God’s divine embrace
7. Spokane Hindus celebrate Diwali with dancing, singing
8. Spokane author says death penalty is inhumane, should be abolished
9. EWU students learn about turbans, Sikhs
10. Pastor to read proclamation on gay marriage at City Council meeting
Top Blogs and Commentaries:
1. Classmate: Newtown shooter Adam Lanza had web page dedicated to Satan
2. Atheist billboards pop up across Spokane
3. ‘Twas the war on Christmas
4. Christian author goes undercover to understand homosexuality
5. Florida professor says Obama an ‘apostle’ sent by God to create ‘heaven here on earth’
6. “Because the Bible says so.” Really? Is that all you’ve got?
7. Passage of Ref 74 could threaten constitutional rights of Christians, others opposed to gay marriage
8. Chick-fil-A and what makes a Christian business Christian
9. Agnosticism vs. Apathy
10. Put homosexuals behind a fence until they die out? REALLY?